How long has attic been established?
We have had a bricks and mortar shop since 1999 in Hampton Hill, South West London.
Where do you source your stock?
As well as our suppliers in the UK, we regularly travel to Paris & New York to source our stock, to ensure we always have something different. We buy our furniture & vintage items mainly in the UK, from flea markets, auctions and contacts that we have built up over the years.
What is your buying ethos?
- We strive to source beautiful and unusual things that you don’t find in many other places.
- A lot of stock is seasonal and only available while stocks last. so if you like it, buy it. We might not get it again.
- We buy what we believe to be either classic or timeless objects (or both!).
Do you have everything from the shops on this website?
- On this website we have a small selection of what is available in our Gifts & Homewares shop.
- Most of what is available in the furniture shop is online.
- There will be a few things that are not available for viewing in our shops – this will be clearly marked in the product description.
Do you have everything on the website available in the shops?
Most products will be available in the shops. However, certain things will only be available online as 'Web Exclusives'.
Where are your shops?
- We are in Hampton Hill, South West London. Between Hampton Court & Twickenham.
- We have two shops, next door to each other. A Home & Giftware shop and a Furniture & vintage shop
- Our shops literally back on to the beautiful Bushy Park – the second largest of London’s Royal Parks, where the deer roam free! We’re also only a mile and a half from Hampton Court Palace.
- If you’re ever in the Hampton Court area of South West London, do pay us a visit. Make a day of it, we’d love to see you.
How long have you been selling vintage & antique pieces?
Since 1999, we have been selling original vintage and antique furniture along side our core business of gifts & accessories.
Do you restore all the furniture?
- When we buy each piece, it usually doesn’t look the way it does as you see it in the shop. Most things either need repainting, refinishing or light restoration.
- Many hours are spent getting the pieces ‘shop-ready’
- With the vintage steel/industrial furniture, we hand strip it all, before we polish it and finish/lacquer it.
- We do it all on the premises.
How do you choose what vintage pieces you stock?
- very piece we buy, we buy for it’s character, functionality & quality.
- If it’s not beautiful or useful we don’t buy it!
- We’re a little obsessed with drawers and things that would make good shop fixtures.
Why are the furniture/mirrors etc not available to buy online?
- This is mainly due to the fact, that most of these items are vintage/antique or hand-finished items that usually have specific quirks and idiosyncrasies.
- We would prefer that these items are seen ‘in the flesh’ before purchase, so that you are fully aware of what you are buying and what condition it is in etc.
- Above all we want you to be entirely satisfied with what you buy from us.
Do you offer a local delivery service?
- Yes, we do deliver in the local area, usually within a radius of approxomately 10 miles of our shops.
- We can deliver to addresses further out, but only on certain pre-arranged days
- Pricing depends on what item is being delivered & when.
- For more detailed information or a quote please email us.
OUT OF STOCK
What does Out Of Stock really mean?
- When a product is stated as being out of stock this usually means the item has sold out & we are waiting for new stock to arrive from a particular supplier.
- We will keep you informed as much as we possibly can, as to when the particular product will be available again. If we know it, we will put the anticipated arrival time on the product information.
Do you offer a Gift Wrapping service?
- We are happy to gift wrap any gifts that you may have purchased.
- At the moment this service isn’t set up on the website, so for the time being, please email us directly with your gift wrapping requirements.
- Please remember, when buying gift wrap for a particular gift, please calculate how much you will need. It’s better to have too much than too little! If you’re not sure, give us a call and we’ll be happy to advise.
How much will I be charged for delivery?
Please note: All the following pricing applies to single address deliveries only.
- You will only ever be charged either £5.95 or £20 for delivery.
- You can order as many ‘standard delivery’ items as you like and you will only be charged £5.95.
- Likewise, if your order contains one or more ‘heavier items’ as well as any ‘standard’ items, you will be charged £20
Do you ship Internationally?
At present, we are only shipping orders automatically within mainland UK. If you live outside of mainland UK and you wish to order any items, once you have placed an order on this site you will receive confirmation that you will be contacted to discuss shipping and payment options.
For any orders placed outside of the UK, or for shipping outside of the UK, we cannot be responsible for any charges relating to any taxes or import duties that may occur on deliveries to countries other than the UK. Responsibility lies with the customer, to ascertain what, if any extra charges there may be.
Over the years we have supplied items for many commercial projects, working with designers, stylists, art directors & architects.
We would be happy to discuss any special projects you may have. Please email or call us to book an appointment, to discuss your requirements.